Many times, persons find themselves in a position where they are unable to comply with a court Order from a previous proceeding. When this occurs, that individual is in contempt of Court. Whether you are the person in contempt, or the person having to go the court to enforce the Order, The attorneys at Edwards Law Group are well versed in the law and will be able to help you.

There are times when a party is able to comply with the order but for whatever reason, on principle, or being vindictive, will refuse to comply. In cases like these, we not only ask the Court to make that individual comply, but we also seek attorneys’ fees for the party who has been forced to bring the action. Often, just the threat of filing for contempt induces the other party to follow the Court Order.

By the same token, especially in this economic climate, it has gotten difficult for non-custodial parents to meet their child support obligations. Often, our clients come to us when a contempt action has been filed against them. We work with our clients to ensure they have the best defense possible when they find themselves in the situation of being the defendant in a contempt action.

Contact us at 770-723-7211 so we can get you ready for that Court appearance.